Unity UI Designer
Unity UI Designer (Full Time, Part Time, Contract)
The UI Designer will be responsible for utilizing their experience in video game user interface to design UI systems for a console football video game developed in Unity. Deliverables include mood boards, mockups, shared design systems, and final implementation. The UI Designer will be using Unity’s UI tools. The candidate will collaborate closely with UX and the rest of the team to execute the vision. Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, an expert understanding of micro animation or motion design, and be focused on design principles.
This role will report to the project’s award-winning Creative Director / UX allowing you to gain critical professional experience and mentorship during the production.
- Communicates art pipeline issues to Creative Director and development team to drive improvements to product & process
- Can work independently on larger projects with full ownership but able to seek clarity & direction when needed
- Understand impact of different ongoing internal projects & able to prioritize based off an awareness of company goals short & long term
- Ability to review UX and wireframe user flows to suggest a task list and discuss concerns or opportunities at the kickoff of new internal projects
- Able to balance a wide range of concurrent responsibilities & knows limits of one’s own knowledge, seeking assistance & guidance from other leads
- Can write custom C# scripting within Unity to implement approved designs
- Adept at personal task management & tracking, advanced use of tools like JIRA, Github/SVN/Plastic, & Confluence
- Interest in design accessibility (font sizes, white space, color contrast, etc)
- Expert knowledge of software packages, existing internal tools, & the role exported files have in overall performance or load times
- Leads by example, is proactive & consistently seeks challenges & responsibilities that go above & beyond without being asked
- Strong, proactive communication across disciplines
- Demonstrated passion for the product & team. Is committed & curious; eager & willing to learn to enhance performance & expand job knowledge.
- Past experience in playing sports games on PlayStation or Xbox
- 3+ years experience or strong portfolio (design portfolio & Unity UI code examples)
About Spear Interactive
Spear Interactive specializes in the development and publishing of simulation sports titles for the Xbox, Playstation and PC. Spear Interactive elevated the Maximum Football game franchise from a single developer into the gaming mainstream by securing industry partnerships with Doug Flutie, Xenith, Wilson Sports, Phenom Elite, The Spring League, and Phil Steele’s College Football. In 2019, Spear Interactive partnered with physical publisher Maximum Games to distribute the Maximum Football franchise in BestBuy, GameStop, EB Games, Amazon and Family Video.